Cambridge Audio Edge NQ is now Roon Ready!

Thank you Daryl, I am updating now. …

Edit: Some minutes later…OK update completed and now testing - lookin good! So good now to have the now playing display on the 851N screen. Excellent so far. Flagged in Roon as Not Certified, but who cares, it works and no doubt certification will follow.

I now have a RoPieee with HiFiBerry Digi+ Pro HAT with nothing to use it on. I may try the HiFiBerry Amp2 HAT to drive a pair of small speakers in the kitchen…

1 Like

I asked about the CXNV1 they say no plans , there are technical impediments

Ian it is ON listening to ROON on 851N an 851W!!!

1 Like

Yes - I have the same - upgraded as an early adopter - working perfectly… I definitely have an Allo USBridge for sale now…

That’s really exciting Max - thank you for letting me know. I am going to sign up for the early updates tonight. It will be great to be able to move my NUC to a better location (currently its balanced on top of my CD player in my hifi rack) and get pictures back on the screen of the 851N

Any idea of the early updates can be switched on from the Cambridge Connect app rather than the Stream Magic? I just can’t get on with the Stream Magic app.

Hi Max,

So after about 10 minutes of setup I enjoyed a wonderful evening listening to music via Roon and my 851N. I am a happy boy!!! Even the wife came in an joined me for a while - although I did have to play some of her music - George Michael and Wham…shoot me now. :laughing:

Thank you for keeping me in the loop and if anyone from Cambridge Audio is out there ‘listening’ in - Thank you for making my day.

Best Ian

No you have to go to the Web interface http:/ IP address then you can set it

Thank you Mike, I got everything set up last night using StreamMagic. Dawned on me that I then use the Roon interface so my issue with the StreamMagic app is a moot point.

I am really happy!!

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: DIY Speaker cabinets

Are you guys getting your 851N/roon combination to work wirelessly or just via USB?

With USB mine works beautifully but wirelessly back to AirPlay. Maybe I need to change something?

Have you got the latest firm ware it should work via Ethernet or Wireless, if you are getting AirPlay sounds like you haven’t

By USB it’s just acting as a DAC

You may have to use the early release setting ?

Thanks for the replies

I should have known it was something I was/wasn’t doing.

I was using the MacBook core with WiFi, connected it via Ethernet and presto

I just ordered my Edge NQ. :wink:

I love mine. It’s just so beautiful sonically and visually…What speakers are you pairing it with? And are you also running a power amp?

Just the edge NQ with active speakers Abacus Cortex 15S
Roon is running on a NUC
I am looking forward to it!

My 851N is crashing from roon. Music stops mid track and It just disappears from the zone section. It’s still there in the AirPlay capacity as a different zone. Sometimes closing and restarting the roon app resolves it, sometimes I have soft restart (put in into standby) the 851N, once I had to switch main power off to get the reconnect.

Anybody else having this issue?

No, but when I upgraded it I made sure to restart everything, router and server too. I have had some issues with new devices where I did not do this.

Never had my 851N crash. Did have the blue power LED fail and reported the to CA, and they took mine back and the following day a brand new one was delivered.

I would post a support ticket with CA.

Hello together, can anyone tell me if it is possible to switch back to roon over the input control of the the Edge NQ after changing to another input right before.

Let’s say i’m listening to roon. Then I change to another input e.g. A1. If want to resume the listening of my roon playlist, do i have to press play over the roon app or is it also possible to change the input with the Edge NQ remote to roon an press play on the same remote without having to open the roon app?

I’m asking because i want to buy a streaming-preamp-dac with this exact possibility of selecting the roon input over the streaming-preamp-dac and it seems this is not possible in most cases. But i saw a review on yt where you could see the roon symbol on the selection wheel and wanted to be sure.

Thanks in advance if some can help me