Cambridge Audio Edge NQ is now Roon Ready!

@bluething

You can indeed switch back to Roon using the input control of the Edge NQ. I just did it to confirm (I switched between Roon and the Edge radio). You’ll have to hit the pause/play button again to get sound.

Switching between Roon and other inputs (you can access your library from Edge NQ, use Spotify, radio, etc…) you can use the physical dial, an app on your phone, or the remote.

Truth is (for me) Roon covers all the inputs so well that I’m rarely out of the program, but it’s easy to do.

R

Thanks for your fast response.

This sounds really good to me. I will mostly be switching between 3 inputs: TV, RCA (phono) and roon.

It’ll work well. You can custom assign inputs too and get rid of (hide) inputs that you don’t want to flip through.

But mind this: I had deleted some inputs and the other day needed to reenable one of them. I had a hard time finding the option to turn them back on. It is not in the Edge app but I had to download the stream magic app.

True enough. The Edge App was perfect and for some reason they added the second StreamMagic app which feels a bit ergonomically challenged. Now to add or subtract custom settings it’s through the latter. Too bad. But not a big deal.

Hey. Do you use the headphones out on the NQ? Do you have a comparison to other headphones amps? Thanks

I don’t actually. I expect they’re excellent but I really can’t say.

The Cambridge Audio Edge NQ offers Tidal Connect since today.

I haven’t installed it yet.

So nice I hope it works perfectly after the wait.

Now if I only I had the £10k required for one of these and the Dali Rubicon 6 speakers being offered on Richer Sound’s in the UK. :grin:

Thanks! Just installed. Appears to work just fine.