Can hq player start play automatically after starting from autostart?

can hq player start play automatically after starting from autostart?
I have a server on PC, with hq player and spotify, the programs are in autostart so they run automatically.
There is no problem with Spotify and it still supports them from the iPad. But hqplayer I have to press play to start it. I would like play to be turned on automatically after autostart, so I don’t have to mess with the server.

Hi,
I do not know the answer to an autoplay function but if messing with the server is your main concern, you could use the HQPDcontrol v4 app.

I know I can do that, but this app is so poor, I can’t even look at it.
Maybe there is a way to make HQ have active play after starting it?
I want to start the system with one click on the power button on the PC and control it from the iPad in Spotify.

Quite difficult to control HQP from Spotify app, but you can install HQPDControl V4 on your iPad, it works fine

:wink: (ten chars)

IIRC, if you tell HQPlayer what to play from command line, it will automatically start the playback when started.

I understand, but I use virtual audio drivers and nothing is played from the hq playlist, hq is streamed from spotify.
I don’t know what to enter in the command line?

as it is in roon, turning on play in roon, hq starts automatically. Runs in the background. In my case, I would like it to start after turning on Windows and wait for a signal from Spotify to then send it to my RME DAC.

That “audio:default/44100” style URI.

Yes, I have it entered, but play does not start automatically.

Alternative way is to use the “hqp5-control” command line utility and a small .bat to start HQPlayer, select correct input transport and then start playback.

jussi, thank you very much for the information, I will try as you wrote in the posts.

I can’t get hqpleyer to run the transport with the appropriate path. It either starts with play enabled without transport, or there is transport with the appropriate frequency but it does not launch play. What should the appropriate command look like? I will be grateful for your help.

At simplest, you could try to give “–play-next-uri audio:default/44100” and it could work (not tested really).

Otherwise first do “–set-transport 5 audio:default/44100” and then “–play”.

You can also do three steps, “–set-transport 5” then just give the URI without other arguments and then “–play”.

I guess it’s not as simple as it looked at first. I have some syntax error because HQ responds that it does not find the specified path.
It sets everything up correctly - transport - sampling -play/ but it can’t find the path. Any ideas?
this is what the command line in the bat file looks like.

@echo off

timeout /t 2

set “hqplayer_path=C:\Program Files\Signalyst\HQPlayer 4 Desktop\HQPlayer4Desktop.exe”

start “” “%hqplayer_path%” --set-Transport 5 audio:default/44100 --play

exit

OK, so you are on HQPlayer v4. First mistake is that you need to use the “hqp-control2” command line utility for controlling HQPlayer which needs to be up and running first.

Then first argument to hqp-control2 is hostname or IP address of HQPlayer. If both are on the same machine you can use “localhost”.

Then next mistake is that you need two separate calls to hqp-control2, you cannot chain the commands that way. So --set-transport and --play are separate.

If you run hqp-control2 without arguments, it will print out small help text.

maybe this is a stupid question but how do I run “hqp-control2”?

Same way as you are already trying to run HQPlayer Desktop server component there.

You usually have three executables installed. HQPlayer Desktop which is the server application. HQPlayer Client which is the GUI / control application for local or remote HQPlayer server. And hqp-control2 (in HQPlayer v4) that is the control API command line utility.

hqp-control2 can be used to automate things through scripts.

I dealt with it differently, none of the previous suggestions wanted to work. The solution turned out to be child’s play, the JitBit image programming program, runs HQP and presses play :slight_smile:
As I wanted, the music server starts automatically.
Thank you for your posts.