Can I access my music from the SSD, inside my Nucleus without a subscription?

If it wasn’t possible to renew my Roon subscription, ie…Roon go out of business, or they decide to double, or even triple the subscription price, would I be able to access my music which is stored on the 1TB SSD inside my Nucleus? As someone mentioned in a previous post, would my Nucleus become a door stop? :cry:

Here’s a quote of Roon’s COO about what would happen in the unlikely event that Roon would go out of business:

As for your music: RoonOS is Linux at its core, beit highly optimized for running Roon. Your music is shared though SMB – this will continue to be the case even is the Roonserver part is not running.

2 Likes

Worse case scenario, keep your original music files on a USB drive stored in a safe place. Have that drive backed up to a computer, NAS, or another USB drive. Copy those files to a SSD that you installed inside your Nucleus. You’re protected in almost any possible situation with or without Roon or any other service.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.