Can I analyse the RoonBackups with some external program?

Roon creates periodically backups of its database. The all seem to be mangled in one RoonBackups Folder.

Is there a (terminal) program to separate the different backups and analyse or report details about a backup (how many playlists, bookmarks, etc are in a backup)?

No, because the information about playlists and bookmarks in the backups are not query-able or stored in any fashion that you can look at.

Well, Roon can query the backups when it restore from them…

Why do you need to know that information?

I’m not sure the purpose of the question, but will point out that you can analyze the backups WITH Roon.

For example, you could install Roon on a separate machine and copy over all the backups and then restore as you would like to see what is in a given backup. You’d have to deactivate your active server if you have just one license to do so, and so you could not listen to Roon while doing this, but it’s one way to see what’s in a backup without overwriting your current server.

2 Likes

Cool idea! Quite cumbersome to execute, but certainly better than nothing. Thanks a lot. This kind of things I was after.