Can I play 5.1 wirelessly to my Oppo 203 with Roon?

Thanks everyone for your input. JRiver seems the way to go for multichannel wirelessly to my Oppo 203. ExaSound looks interesting, but THOUSANDS of dollars. I’m glad some of you are able to afford that option. For the money we pay for Roon, please have them give us a wireless solution similar to JRiver Media Player.

It’s not Roon’s fault that the oppo doesn’t do multi channel with Roon, the blame is squarely on Oppo.

Its not Roons fault but in my opinion Roon for multi channel is broken.
If one want multichannel,dsd and bass management in roon there is no way to have it with out ommiting one of those three, To get DSD you wopuld need either the EXA, Okto or topping, but there is no bass management with either of those options, sure you could connect one of those to a prepro with 7.1 analog input and if said pre pro can do bass management you would defeat the dac by doing another analog to digital back to analog conversion. Judging by todays prepro/recievers I would never use them for critical listening.

If you used an hdmi from a computer to feed the prepro/reciever you cant get native DSD (eventhough this does not bother me as much) There is no HDMI input on the OKTO,Exa or topping again making your only option an inferior sound signal on a prepro/reciever.

I understand the frustration with the Oppo, I have the 205 and can’t use roon for multichannel at all even though the oppo can do multi over dlna or UPNP, I understand roons position on this but I weish someone could tell me the name of a streamer with an ESS sabre dac 9038 that can do multichannel roon with built in bass management.

I thought for sure either the HTP1 or Emotiva pre pro would do multichannel but I have confirmed that they dont.

I am curently looking for a 15+ channel prepro/reciever that has great engineering ala the oppo,exa,Okto topping. Once that animal exists and doesn’t cost 30k I will replace my Marantz 8802A, oppo 205 and My parasound P7.

This is what I currently have to take advantage of the best of both worlds, the complicated nature of this set up leaves alot to be desired.

You can’t get what a device doesn’t support and the ARC doesn’t support surround for music regardless of the app it’s stereo only via the network, surround is via video and hdmi, No Sonos device supports native 5.1 surround for music, only the new ERA has support for spatial audio and Dolby Atmos for music and over the network.