Can not find RoPieee XL / no display

Feeling dumb here. looking to make the 7" touch screen work.

1. went to Software Download
  2. downloaded the Pi4 version, burned it and booted up and have web access, and ROON is streaming to it

No Screen

I research and see there is a ‘XL’ version
[guide here has different screens than mine] - link removed as ‘new users can not post with more than 2 links’
[This guide also different] - link removed

This page - RoPieee | XL sends me back to the image I downloaded…

I have the ‘features’ of the XL as far as I can tell (UPnP Bridge, UPnP/DLNA, Airplay… Plexamp)

• no ‘XL’ on the title page
  • no Display

Resolved, Thank You

Issue 1 - not using the ‘official’ display but a 7" USB Touchscreen. Switched to Pi3b with the ‘official’ display and display is working

Issue 2 - some how the DSP on the MA8900 got confused and would not talk to the Pi. With no knowledge of ROON working through the trouble shooting resulted in a few loops. Rebooted amp.

Next step is to see what Home Assistant can do to control this, as the ‘display’ is just that and no way to actually pick a play list. The iPhone app is cool and many players in the house seem to be ROON capable.

• Synology NAS is the Core
  • RoPieee to the MA8900
  • NAD M33
  • Juke Audio whole house

Thank You all

OK, I must have the XL

“RoPieeeXL 2023.07.1 (1069)”

need to just figure out why the screen is not working with this (It works with Moode and other, and shows the boot up screen)

What kind of screen do you have? RoPieee doesn’t work with hdmi, only the official Pi screen

1 Like

that is it.

I have a pi3b with the GPIO connected one. Will try that one.

Thank You

Thank You - none of my screens look like that.

the screen issue is the HDMI verse the other Screen, fixing it, but I have “System” not “General” etc

Thank You for the help

That guide contains a little outdated screenshots, it seems, but even the current version will show the „Display“ tab, when the Raspberry 7“ Official Display is detected on either initial system install or after retrofitting and rebooting.
If you don’t see anything on boot, you’ve either got a fried display or the ribbon cable isn’t seated properly or it’s the wrong way around…

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll fix it when I get back to Canada.

1 Like

I updated the out of date screenshot.

2 Likes