Can only catalog metadata be restored from backup without audio configurations?

Hello.

Is there a way to restore only metadata pertaining to tracks, albums etc, from a Roon backup at one location to a new login at another location? I’m referring to albums, tracks, playlists, tags etc. in two locations where the actual files on the hard drives would be identical. I use Roon in two countries, so I switch my account a few times a year by login into the system in another country. However, the audio gear is completely different at each location, so I don’t want to install the audio configurations from the backup, just replicate the catalog and Roon references to the identical audio tracks on disks in both locations. I am aware that Soundiiz and/or database csv exports offer some solutions, which I have employed. But it is difficult to use with tags and makes all of this quite complicated.
Thanks for any advice you might have.

There is no selective Restore from a backup.

Tags can be embedded in the actual files for Roon to create upon scanning the files See the Roon FAQ on Best Tag Practices for info about RoonAlbumTag and RoonTrackTag fields.

Thanks for the tip. I will play around with embedded tags. I won’t be on the move again for a couple of months, though, so I won’t be able to fully test until then.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.