Can someone tell me how to download a purchased album from Qobuz

I’m in Canada and new to Qobuz. Can someone tell me how to download a purchased album

Hi Norman,
Just logon to www.qobuz.com and klick on your username, at the totally right site.
Click on “My Account”
Go to “My Purchases”
Klick on “Download” of the album you bought.
Select the format you want ex. “FLAC (16bit, 44,1kHz)”.
Click on “DOWNLOAD MY MUSIC (.TAR)”
Click on “Download your purchase to a TAR-file”
Now the download starts.
Then you have to decompress the contence of the TAR-file on your PC.
You can afterwards push all the data on the music-drive of your Roon-server, or where you want to have it.
That is the way how I do it. Perhaps there is an easier way of doing it, but at least it works.
Good luck with it, Frank.

You can use the installed Qobuz desktop application on your PC which includes a download manager.

Thanks; I downloaded it to my mac rather than the tar folder but it’s all fine now and in my system

Can you tell me how to download an album that is purchased so that I can add the tracks to my own library?

Copy the files to Roon’s watched folder. (Before doing that it’s best to check the metadata tags of the files because they are not always entirely correct).

How to do that depends on what you are using for the Core.

thanks; where do i find the flac files of a purchased album?

Thanks; I think i had to download the .tar folder

Yeah for some reason they use tar archives.

First time I’ve done this and I downloaded the version for Mac/PC and then couldn’t find the files. Now I know how to do it so that I can add the album to my own library!

1 Like

At least the Mac can unpack tar files by default. Windows can’t and you have to install a third-party tool like the free 7-zip. Which makes tar a bit of an odd choice.

I mentioned in earlier, you can install the Qobuz desktop application. It has a download manager which will download the files in the purchased format and to the location you’ve chosen. No, need to fuss around with 7-zip, or downloading the cover separately; if you don’t want to.

1 Like

I dowloaded it to my mac thinking it would give me the files rather than downloading it to a .tar folder which I’ve now done and imported into my system; thanks for your help