Can’t install RoonServer (20210727-beta) on DSM7-41890

Hi Juergen,
Did you uninstall your old Roon Server from DSM6? I did not really check the behaviour of performing the update from the DSM6 version to the DSM7 version of Roon Server, as this is scenario to test
( → I can’t install the old Roon Server DSM6 version on DSM7 anymore, which means I have to install DSM6, then install the old Roon Server, then upgrade to DSM7 and perform the update to check if it is working. If it is not working, I have to wipe the system again and start from scratch with DSM6…
Maybe I find a workflow that might simplify this testing, I am thinking of using a virtual DSM. But this was not a priority yet.)

This is why I advised to uninstall Roon Server before installing the DSM7 version and perform a clean install. During uninstall your old database will not be touched and will remain in the RoonServer shared folder. But as I’ve learned you probably need to give extra permissions to the RoonOnNAS directory after install. (see this post for instructions)
I am currently checking on options to integrate this step in the installation (and think I have found a solution for the next release).

The permissions should be automatically be set during installation. You will see a installation wizard asking for your RoonServer and Music shared folder. (This won’t appear when performing an update).