Can’t play music with Arc Offline

I need some guidance. I’ve learned Room functionality pretty well at this point but Arc has me stumped.

Question: what does Arc offline really mean?

I have tried downloading countless music from tidal and qobuz and turned on smart download because manually downloading option is always greyed out. I then put my phone offline and all my Arc music goes “unavailable” and does not play. I thought at one point my playlists were playing offline but this is not even working now.

I’ve read the announcement from Roon that offline is available again but what does this really mean? Is the answer that Tidal and Qobuz are excluded from offline mode?

And before writing this question I’ve tried reading and following every community guide and nothing seems to work. I’m almost ready to delete my entire library on my Nucleus+ and start again. I must be missing something.

Also as a side note when I AM online using arc with CarPlay if I scroll through my albums I only see about 20 of them then it stops displaying. I have about 300 albums downloaded. Is there some limitation with Arc or could this be part of my other problem.

Any assistance from the experts in this community would be grateful.

Thank you,

John

You can’t download music from Tidal and Qobuz in 3rd-party applications like ARC. The label license doesn’t allow it. For Tidal and Qobuz downloads you need to use the Tidal and Qobuz apps.

ARC allows you to download music files that you have on your Roon Server.

It’s all explained here:

As far as I read, this seems to be a limitation in CarPlay and maybe the way ARC uses it. This is a bit old but I believe it is still correct:

1 Like

You can’t download from Tidal or Qobuz so not sure why you assume you have. Roon nor Arc or any 3rd party app it isn’t a function they are allowed to do due to licensing deals between streaming partners and labels. Adding albums from streaming in Roon adds them to your library database only it doesn’t download them and never has.