Cannot install Roon Bridge on Raspberry Pi 3b

Having navigated all the hurdles to building, installing and accessing a Raspberry Pi 3b with a HifiBerry Dac Plus Pro, I’m now struggling get Roon Bridge to install, following these instructions:

I’ve run the install command, but the command to convert the file to an executable says it can’t find the file. Re-running the install string doesn’t help; a whole bunch of programming language runs past but the last few lines say:

“All Done $PACKAGE NAME should be uninstalled.”

I’m pretty capable with MS-DOS commands but Linux without a GUI is a bit of a challenge for me.

Any help would be appreciated!

Try Ropieee or DietPi. Ropieee should just work, DietPi has a GUI. That guide is pretty old and there are other options now. This all assumes both recognise your HAT.

1 Like

Wow. Up and running RoPiee in five minutes, as promised. Thanks!

5 Likes

Hey @John_Gallup,

Great you’re up and running. I’ve put a disclaimer in the OP of that thread some time ago:

Update 04/03/17:
This guide was written in april 2016. While it is still technically correct, things have changed over time. These days, you may want to consider using DietPi or Ropieee as the OS for your Pi-based Roon Bridge.

The old way should still work, but no use debugging things if you’re already set with Ropieee. Enjoy your bridge!

1 Like