Cannot integrate with Tidal (Roon reporting Tidal account upgrade required)

I signed up with Tidal for a trial period and can log directly into Tidal and play music. However, Roon keeps demanding I upgrade my Tidal account and will not integrate, and I know the Tidal login and password I am using are correct, i.e., they are the same as I use logging directly into Tidal. Roon itself is otherwise functioning as advertised.

Hi @Dennis_Brandt,

Tidal will not allow Roon integration using a Tidal trial, if you wish to test Tidal with Roon you need to have a paid subscription with Tidal.

1 Like

I cancelled Tidal and signed up for a trial membership with Qobuz. Before doing that, I queried them and was told, “By subscribing to the Qobuz trial period, you will indeed be able to use Roon.”

No, I can’t. I get the same response in Roon, i.e., that I must upgrade my Qobuz account. Roon clearly is creating the error message. Why? I want to see how the interface works in Roon before I fork over money.

Not the first time Qobuz support was clueless about interfacing with Roon.

You can get a one month only (i.e. non-repeating) subscription by forking over $14, unless that’s too much.

Actually, you CAN combine Roon and a Qobuz trial membership. Turns out I did not correctly choose a plan in Qobuz. Once that was accomplished, Roon instantly recognized Qobuz.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.