Cannot play local or Tidal content on my laptop[Fixed: Windows 10 NAT can break Roon playback]

Hi @Patrick_Lang ——— Thank you for the report and apologies for the troubles. Based on your feedback and logs, our first step here should be to look into any potential networking issues.

Troubleshooting network configurations often comes down to trial and error, or process of elimination. The fastest path forward tends to be a) simplify things to as simple as they can possibly be, b) confirm the issue is resolved, and c) add complexity back in, one piece at a time, until the problem recurs. My advice would be to simplify your network and see if there’s any difference.

Moving forward, can you you confirm if you are able to stream content from TIDAL via a web browser and/or the application? Being as your current setup has a bit of complexity, the ideal starting point to troubleshoot your network should resemble something close to this:

Example (No Wifi / No VMS): Internet Connection - > Router - > OS running Roon.

We do a lot of network troubleshooting here, and we usually end up nailing the problem, even in those cases when it ends up not being a networking problem at all. Just wanted to give you that background as we continue to dig into this issue for you.

I have also left a note with my developers to offer some insight here to see if they have any theories as to what may be causing this to happen. I look forward to hear your observations!

-Eric