Can't install ROCK - "Failed to load ldlinux.c32" [Solved: download new image]

Hi @danny the new version of the image works fine, thanks.

Looks like the new version is working. “RoonOS install is complete!”. Now I just need to get through the rest of the steps

Hi @danny, the updated version of the ROCK installer works fine with BIOS version 0063 on my NUC7i7BNH. Thanks!

A post was split to a new topic: Having troubles updating ROCK to 1.5

Hi,

I just purchased a fanless NUC7i7BNF from simply nuc. Unfortunately, they use an American Megatrends BIOS rather than the Intel BIOS. I am still trying to get them to help me, but they tell me that I can’t replace the installed BIOS with the Intel BIOS because they swapped out some parts–I am a bit peeved, because their documentation points you to the Intel documentation about updating BIOS and I didn’t know they substituted the BIOS prior to purchase. I did manage to install Ubuntu, but I can’t mange to install ROCK. When I try to boot the box with the USB, I get the following message:

"failed to load ldlinux.c32_
   boot failed: please change disks and press a key to continue"

I have tried several different USB sticks, I tried using etcher on both macOS and Windows10. I even used command line in linux to format one of the usb sticks.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

I have never worked with Linux before, and I may not be geeky enough to be successful, so giving up for now. I may default to running it as Ubuntu and installing Roon Server. I will still end up successfully replacing my old larger windows HTPC, but I hate to install Roon server, switch over and dismantle my windows server until I give up on ROCK (or MOCK as the case may be).

Mike

and there are two partitions on the USB install drive after burning:

ROON RESET, with a boot folder full of .c32 files including ldlinux.c32 and a bootfs.img.gz file. Also mbr.bin and lost+found

CUSTOM ROON, with roon.tar.bz2, identity, .fseventsd, and .Spotlight-V100

Why the hell are they changing the BIOS?

To be honest, it may be possible to get it to work, but there may be more aggravation in the future. I would return it for a refund or get them to exchange it for a fresh unit with original BIOS and no swapped parts. Better to have the original hardware as opposed to some “value added” add-ons.

Nothing on their site suggests they ship with AMI BIOS so if they refuse to take it back then it’s time to talk to your credit card company about a chargeback.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.