Can't login into TIDAL after Build 528 on Linux (RamOS)

I have TIDAL log in issue right after the upgrade to latest version of roon, since minutes ago I still listened to Tidal before the upgrade.
Chrome has no issue to log in TIDAL, my phone also has no issue to log in Tidal. only roon has issue. No business with my network I think.

I notice that even I clip the login button, no any response from roon.
I can not even key in ID or password~

I’ve tried to re-install the roon, times of reboot, issue still there.

So, it seems I have TIDAl log in problem with new version of roon. What can I do?

Welcome to our community Meng Chi! I am sure someone from Roon support will address your issue.

Could you please explain more about" log in from a browser"?
Thank you

99% of my use is on an iPad so using a mobile platform. James_I mentioned in the first reply on this topic that he logged in using a browser, so on a computer instead of mobile device, and that it fixed this issue for him. It fixed it for me also. So if you have Roon on a computer you may try that, if you haven’t already.

Technically I guess you could access Roon from a browser on mobile device too. I did not try that. So “browser” meaning via the web as opposed to using the Roon Ap.

It seems my problem differs from yours.

Even I clip the login button, no any response from roon.

I can not even key in ID or password~
I’ve tried to re-install the roon, times of reboot, issue still there.

1 Like

It seems the login method changed.
Previoysly no browser will be launched for log in.

My problem should be the button will not react with browser so no response.

my os is win2019 in ram(ramos)
some components might be removed or disabled and caused this problem. But I have used this ramos with roon for quite a long time without this kind of problem.

Luckily I find a way to solve it.
I have multi-os in this CAS, I go to another normal win2019 which also installed roon(old version). After I upgrade to latest version I press login button and then launched chrome to login(with this I can successfully log in Tidal), I just copy the link into a text file. And then I go back to ramos and paste the link to chrome and key in the TIDAL ID&password to log in… after several times try… I finally make the roon connected with TIDAL…I tried many times(paste the link>>login>>open the roon>> fail to log in>>paste the link…) and reinstalled the roon again, actually I am not sure how I made it…

I know ramos is not a normal case, but I still hope team can consider a way to log just in roon, it’s simple and fast. For me, I don’t even know if I can successfully log in TIDAL again in next upgrade…

Please kindly consider my suggestion and concern.

Thank you all for your kind reply.

!

Hi @MengChi_Liu,

Thanks for reaching out. I would like to better understand how this issue occurred, could you please provide some more information?

1. You mention having a Windows and a RamOS PC here, which OS is actually the Core?

2. Are you using a RoonServer + Roon Client setup here? Or how do you have the Roon interface on RamOS installed?

3. On the Roon Remote you shared the screenshots from, does it have any typical web browsers installed? Browsers such as Chrome/Firefox?

I did have exactly the same problem.

I use Roon Core on Ubuntu 18.04.4, remote is on MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 with DAC (RME ADI-2 DAC FS v2) directly attached.

Everytime I started roon, I got the login error with “login” and “sign in”. I did click on login, I got the Tidal login in the browser window. After the login Tidal in the browser wanted to start Roon, no success.

I tried the whole game about 5 times, with different variants. After closing the browser (Safari), Roon, rebooting the core, I finally succeeded to login to Tidal.

A post was split to a new topic: Non-200 status code from TIDAL, code: 400

1. You mention having a Windows and a RamOS PC here, which OS is actually the Core?
    Answer: I have only one single PC. in boot menu, usually I choose Ramos to boot and after loading the windows to ram I can start to use win(in ram) as normal windows situation.
    So If I boot with ramos then the core is in ramos for sure.

2. Are you using a RoonServer + Roon Client setup here? Or how do you have the Roon interface on RamOS installed?
    Answer: I just choose to install normally type of windows but not core type, so everything is the same as normal PC. As mentioned I have one CAS and Roon installed in this pc. no streamer, no NAS.

3. On the Roon Remote you shared the screenshots from, does it have any typical web browsers installed? Browsers such as Chrome/Firefox?
    Answer: All the screenshots are captured from windows. I always use chrome.

I already use ramos including ramos win10&ramos win2019 for more than two years. The CAS: CPU: intel 6950X MB: MSI X99A RAM: Micron ddr4 2400 16G*4… nothing changed. the problem just came out since days ago I upgraded the roon.

Today I encountered another Tidal login issue, please to the screenshots below.
It appears “attempting loading”, while I can login Tidal no matter from chrome or windows app.

One time after more than 10 minutes waiting finally log in successfully, but after restarting the windows… attempting login appears again…

Please let me put the emphasis again, before the upgrade, I have not had this TIDAL login problem, no hardware change no software change in the past months.

Hi @MengChi_Liu,

I have shifted your post over to our #tinkering section since this is a non-standard OS that you’re using.

I spoke to the tech team regarding this behavior and as for a follow-up suggestion we would recommend:

1. Trying a standard Operating System to use with Roon

2. Try using a VPN if you are located in a country that has a firewall (your screenshots indicate that you might be based in China with the GFW active)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.