Can't make Schiit Eitr work with Roon in WASAPI mode at all

Hi @Eric,

I set up another PC with the Schiit Yggdrasil and I don’t have this problem. It works fine in WASAPI exclusive mode. It puzzled me because Eitr and Yggdrasil use the same USB chip and drivers. The difference I noticed is that the Yggdrasil doesn’t allow for 32bit streams, 24bit is maximum in its audio properties. I got it later than the Eitr. I think they updated the firmware meanwhile.

I noticed you are conducting an investigation into such problems (this thread: https://community.roonlabs.com/t/schiit-yggdrasil-problem-when-using-exclusive-mode/30311/36). I though this piece of information could be helpful to you. If you ask those who have problems with their Yggdrasils whether it allows for max 32bit streams, the responses could be correlated with their problems.

It looks like it is something about Schiit’s implementation of the USB Gen 5 which by their description of it should not allow for higher than 24bit streams. It looks like it was a mistake to allow the driver to accept 32bit streams. And it looks like they quietly fixed it later. That’s why there are devices now in the wild with the same specs but different properties depending on when they were sold. I read many reports that people’s Eitrs accept 24bit streams while mine accepts 32bit which it cannot handle.