CD Ripper Not Ready // Roon Rock

Hi,

I read a lot of unclear and unsolved posts about this problem, so here is my take on it in search for a solution:

My Roon Rock installation recognizes the attached optical drive, but refuses to rip cd’s because “Can not rip because all attached storage drives are full”.

Which is not true, there’s a freshly formatted 2TB SSD. The system sees that as well - I actually formatted it from the Roon Rock installation.

Only funny thing here that the drive is listed as a “1TB” but has “2TB available”. I hope that’s a pathway to a solution :slight_smile:

See attached screenshots for system info. Thanks!

Marcel

It also says it’s a 1GB Qemu Harddisk - not a 2TB SSD, which is very odd indeed. What is the make of the SSD?

I would have expected to see something like:

It appears that ROCK is running in a virtual machine, which isn’t a supported configuration. Therefore, I’ve moved the thread to Tinkering.

2 Likes

It’s a Samsung EVO.

I just installed ROCK directly on NUC, not in VM. It works.
So thanks for the reply, but I’ll keep it this way!

So if it’s not in a VM and running on a bare-metal NUC, then try using the Format button again - that size and manufacturer message in your screenshot is completely wrong and utterly bizarre.

If you want to virtualize, consider using the Linux server and use abcde for ripping. This uses the same ripper as ROCK, and there’s a config file that will set everything up so you don’t need to interact, with the CD is ejected once ripped. It uses MusicBrainz metadata, too.

Yes, it works like a charm now that it’s the bare install. I should have checked my hardware before trying virtualizing.

Nice suggestion, I might try that!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.