CD ripping process - I am getting tired...please help!

Sounds logical. If I may, I would suggest to fill-in the [work] and [movement] tags carefully on classical recordings.

Since Roon broke Rocks ripping I have reverted back to EAC on windows and a usb drive. It satfisfies my needs and adds the metadata I need. If it canā€™t I use mp3tag aftwerwards

Simon mp3tag is another great tool.

I donā€™t have much classical music in my cd collection (most was on vinyl and I donā€™t have a record player anymore, one day when the wife goes away again :roll_eyes:)

But every CD rip gets a quick run through mp3tag just to give it a quick once over.

Mike

I didnā€™t know MediaMonkey worked with AccurateRip. Lack of AccurateRip support is why I switched to dBpoweramp years ago. I still use fire up MediMonkey from time to time for batch tagging or re-organizing files. :slight_smile:

DBpoweramp does an excellent job with metadata and artwork retrieval, accurate ripping, speed of operation and flexibility. Nice little touches like ripping HDCD discs (you might have more than you think) and recognizing preemphasis flags (which can mess up ripping some old CDs if you donā€™t take it into account). I doubt thereā€™s a better product, and Iā€™ve tried a few. Has a companion product called perfectTUNES which will check the accuracy of any rips you have made with different software against an online database, and retrieve artwork etcā€¦

Itā€™s literally the reason I chose it over some of the other options! :-
MediaMonkey (Gold) with AccurateRip
I do also have dBpoweramp in my armoury, but I canā€™t recall the last time (years) since I last fired it upā€¦

1 Like

Thanks for the link. Iā€™ll give it a tryā€¦I paid $40 for Gold years ago.

Someone should tell the dBpoweramp guys to add MediaMonkey Gold to the software list! :wink:

I use ELAC and it tags mp3tag.

Thats okay, but I want to make the point that seems to have been missed. Unlike most of the other apps mentioned on the list you dont have to do use SongKong one album at a time, you can can apply to your whole collection in go, leave overnight and it will probably have corrected at least 90% ready for Roon, it really will save you alot of time.

Iā€™m totally converted to Yate. First tagger Iā€™ve found that doesnā€™t choke over the kind of files I want to tag. I know there are other ways to do the job and itā€™s just my 2 cents, hence the :slight_smile: because Iā€™m kind of laughing at my own ocd madness.

I donā€™t know why Yate is not the biggest deal in this market though, itā€™s very well written. Maybe itā€™s mac only.

Yes, I know but it seems often they are all wrong because there are so many options available. I catalogue every item in discogs so I will have the exact release code even if I have to add a new release to the database, so Yate ensures I have a picture of the exact cover and I can tag the folder with that picture automatically.

I will admit that my love of Yate came about from tagging my own 96/24 needledrops which in itself is a trial especially since you are starting with zero data. So the cd side of it is a nice by-product.

I just went back and double checked my discogs collection data and it was 450 CDā€™s in a week. That was totally dedicated to that purpose and I did install a new Asus BW-16D1HT which is highly recommended for ripping, especially if your next job is DVDā€™s and Blu Ray.

Youā€™re missing the point ā€¦ the OP not you has a problem that is taking too long to resolve. He didnā€™t want to buy another package and hasnā€™t specified the ripper. MusicBrainz Picard will batch process his rips and is free.

This thread isnā€™t about the merits of a particular tool but to provide the OP with assistance. :slightly_smiling_face:

FWIW I use dBpoweramp, SongKong, Yate, Picard and metaflac. Each has its pros and cons.

2 Likes

You can send them to me, I have a CD ripping service in Belgium

The OP is already using Yate and has stated he has no interest changing from that. Iā€™m backing up that conclusion based on my experience.

Hi all, apologies for the delayed thank you for replying and give some food for thought! Will continue my marathon! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can anyone guide me if it is possible to rip CDā€™s direct via USB on the ROCK (NUC10i7) from a Apple USB SuperDrive?

It should work.

Thanks, just realizedā€¦it was actually too easy!

1. Add usb superdrive,
  2. Put CD in the slotā€¦
  3. Wait and voila! ripped and addedā€¦

:man_facepalming:
My apologiesā€¦