CD sounds better than Roon FLAC files

I used Exact Audio Copy and it worked very well.

We have EAC In DBpoweramp and all my rips check as accurate, sonically 9 am more than happy with my CD rips. They are not transport dependant… I remember the days of CD player reviews that has all gone by the wayside now.

2 Likes

EAC is a separate and rival program to dBPoweramp. Are you thinking of the AccurateRip database (which both use)?

That’s it, Acurate Rip… My bad, but it amounts to the same thing I suppose.

1 Like

AccurateRip took all the voodoo out of the CD ripping process :slight_smile: We can now focus our attention on streamers and DACs.

2 Likes

I agree. While I understand that the need might be decreasing as some are going completely streaming, if you have CDs and want to rip them, dbPoweramp is a necessity in the toolbox, imho of course. :smiley:

5 Likes

EAC also implements AccurateRip. However I don’t think its user base understands very well what that means, and that they don’t need to spend 10 minutes per sector in the ripping process :slight_smile:

I have to say I am with Rugby on this one, I used everything before discovering dbPoweramp, and nothing after I had tried it and spent 6 months re-ripping my entire CD collection again in FLAC.
I still update it every couple of years just to support the developer for making such great software

I can barely remember those dark days, but I am fairly sure I was using EAC before and it was about the best that I had used before I walked into the light :wink:

Regards

Mike

3 Likes

Same here. I maintain a license for PerfectTUNES as well, even though I rarely use it.

I totally agree with dBpoweramp, it is a great program!

1 Like

I would try and eliminate the ground signal parasites on the whole setup by (1) plugging everything on a big isolation transformer and (2) getting the file through an ethernet cable directly from the box plugged to the transformer throuh an LPS

Even better is if that big isolation transformer is wired for balanced power…

I convert my CD’s to .wav files and they sound better than the CD that comes from.