Change Gateway/IP Address for ARC

I moved my Roon core from my Synology NAS to my Mac Mini and at approximately the same time I switched from Comcast to Verizon for my ISP. The new Verizon router use Ip range 192.168.0.xxx and the old router uses 10.2.0.xxx.

When I go into Roon it still thinks my local network address is 10.2.0.2 as reported in the Roon Arc settings. I can’t figure out how to get to recognize the new ip for my mini - 192.168.1.152.

Suggestions please.

thanks!

That’s weird, because the local network address data responds to changes on my network as they occur. Silly question, but have you confirmed the IP address of your Mac mini?

Also you stated that your new router uses the range 192.168.0.xxx but your mini is located at 192.168.1.152 (which is a different subnet to your router, i.e. did you mean 192.168.0.152?)

sorry, my mistake - my router uses 192.168.1.xxx.

In which case I’m afraid that I can’t think of anything else that might help. Hopefully support will be able to take a look at this soon and help you out.

In case this help:

{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“31.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Never mind. As soon as I turn my VPN off it connects with the correct info. Doooh!

I guess when I’m traveling I will have to leave the VPN off. sigh…

Ha. If your old router hadn’t had the range 10.2.0.xxx I might have spotted the problem as I have exactly the same issue if I run NordVPN, i.e. Roon ARC becomes inaccessible with a very similar ip address. I’m glad you got it figured out.

1 Like