Channels reversed

The left and right channels are reversed. It has something to do with Sample rate conversion.
When I disable sample rate conversion the problem is gone. I have to play a piece of music before, I again enable the sample rate conversion. Only then the channels are OK.

I’m using the latest 1.3 (build 262). Server is on Windows 8 Front end is a Mac. Endpoint is a sMS-200ultra.

Hey @Alain_Francois,

Can you take screenshots of the signal path when playback is happening with and without sample rate conversion. Also, can you take screenshots of the DSP Engine to shown which DSP options are enabled ?

Thanks

I have a Mutec MC3+ USB that gets the USB input from the sMS-200. The Mutec is connected via SPDIF to a Mytek Stereo 192 DSD.

not sure if this is related, but i have noticed that i also have l-r channels swapped on Ropieee running on RPI with IQAudio DIGI AMP+ - i am not using any DSP on that (or any other) zone.

For me (IMHO), the problem is pure in Roon and not some strange combination of hardware and software.
Upsampling can be OK and reversed depending on changes in Sample rate conversion in Roon. So it not that no upsampling is OK and upsampling is not OK.

Hi @Alain_Francois ---- Thanks for the feedback, we are going to take a look into this behavior.

-Eric

Hi @Alan_Francois —— Thank you for your patience while we have been looking into this behavior you’ve reported to us.

Moving forward, after a few rounds of testing we are not noticing the “channel reversing” behavior that you have experienced. Despite having tested with a few different end points and cores, we could not get this to reproduce in our QA lab.

In light of this, I brought up your report to one of our senior developers during a meeting at the end of last week to get some feedback on this behavior. Based on what you’re describing we do not believe this is a Roon issue.

We have investigated similar reports in the past (such as this one), and we have ruled out a number of possible causes, including Roon. From what we can tell, this appears to be a Linux kernel issue, so unfortunately I think you’ll need to take this up with SoTM. Wish there was more we could do here.

-Eric"

Hello Eric,

Thank you for investigating this issue. If you ask me this was rather quick.
I will try to take this up with SoTM.

Kind regards,
Alain

Hi Alan,
As a temporary workaround, you could add a mix operation in the procedural eq to swap the channels back to normal. This is of course not a solution, but should correct things in the meantime.
(If you knew about it already, just ignore my post…:slight_smile: )

I have the same problem, the channels are reversed and I am not able to get my previous upsample rate without reverse channel. Probably it happened after ROON update.
I am using Amanero-USB.
Is there somebody that had the same problem and solved it?
Is it possible to revert the ROON update?

Downgrading is not supported, but I’m sure our support team can resolve this for you.

Can you post a screenshot of your signal path and audio settings when this is happening? Then @support can help here.

Screenshot 2018-12-16 at 20.43.07
Screenshot 2018-12-16 at 20.42.27

The problem could also come from amanero-usb.
View days ago everything was OK. I just discovered today the reverse channel.
on 12-12-2018 I played with ROON on my DAC-preamp (amanero USB) in Singapore with no problem and today I played ROON in Belgium with my DAC-preamp (same type) and experience channel reverse.

Hello @Hoo_Kong_Njoo,

Could you try downloading a .dsf and a .flac file of the same recording and seeing if the channels are flipped? The 2L recording label has many test files that would allow for this test.

http://www.2l.no/hires/index.html?

-John

Thanks, I am now on my business trip and I will reply you Thursday.

Which Amanero firmware are you using?

I see that some people running version 2xxx also need to use a special CPLD marked as DSDSWAPPED.

Hello @Hoo_Kong_Njoo,

Just wanted to follow up with you here, have you had a chance to perform @john’s test from above? Please let us know when possible.

Thanks,
Noris

I use firmware 1097akm

my problem “channel reverse” is solved; Dominico has guided me how to change the setting on his amanero 384.
Thank you for your attention.

1 Like