Chord Qutest DAC Settings Issues

Afternoon all
I have recently purchased a Chord Qutest DAC, which I have hooked up to roon. I was previously using a Chord EX Dac and my setting were DSD 128, output DSD over Dop, and it sounded fantastic but ive had my eye on the Qutest since its launch.

So essentially no matter what the file type was I was playing with the EX it was outputting in dsd, unless ive got the completely wrong!

The Qutest in running Wasapi Exclusive Mode, however when I try to get the dac to use the same DSD 128/ DSD over Dop settings Roon wont save the changes, and there not shown in the path.

Its playing 44k files and dsd files on there own no problem with the illumination windows changing colour as required.

Likley its something ive done or not in the settings, can any one give me some pointers how to resolve

Thanks goodness this community rallies round idiots like myself to get them out of a jam
Regards
Rob

Hi @Robert_Burns ---- Thank you for the post and the question(s)!

You mentioned the following in your post:

" I was previously using a Chord EX Dac and my setting were DSD 128, output DSD over Dop, and it sounded fantastic but ive had my eye on the Qutest since its launch.

“So essentially no matter what the file type was I was playing with the EX it was outputting in dsd, unless ive got the completely wrong!”

Based on these comments it sounds like you may have been using the DSP engine to upsample everything to DSD128 when using the Chord EX DAC with Roon. Can you provide screenshots of your signal path while you are playing to the Qutest as well as the playback settings you are using for that zone?

-Eric

Your correct i was upsampling everything with the EX

Didn’t get a chance to do this but i will later tonight, apologies Eric

Rob

1 Like

Eric apologies having trouble with my keyboard, if it aint one thing etc.

Signal path shows lossless
Chord Qutest flac 44.1khz 16 bit 2 channel
This pc ROON ADVANCED audio Transport
Chord Qutest Wasapi Exclive Mode

Under chords Wasapi in Settings
Dsd playback Strategy dsd over PCM v1
Both Private Zone and Exclusive Mode Zone are set at Yes

Under dsd engine
Sample rate set at dsd
Dsd sample rate set at dsd256
Sigma modulator set at 5th order clans

Hope this helps