Chromcast Disappeared From Output List

My Google Chromcast disappeared as a selection in my output list. What happened? How do I fix it?

Open the Google Home app on your Android phone or tablet to check if the ChromeCast is still there and working. Try to play music from the music app or YouTube to the ChromeCast to check if it’s working outside of Roon. If all looks good so far, try rebooting your Roon Core and see if the ChromeCast shows up again (Settings|Audio).

1 Like

Good advice but i have also once had to unplug the chromecast from power itself and restart it to have it be seen online again.

Thanks, but no luck. The Chromecast works OK. I power-cycled both my iMac (Roon core) and Chromecast puck.

It just appeared in the list. I’m not sure why, but I’m happy.

I have a JBL Playlist Chromecast enabled speaker. I routinely need to power cycle that device for it to show up in roon again. Takes ca 1 minute so no biggie and pretty reliable resolution to having it visible in roon again.

Would of course be great if this did not need to be done but I’m still impressed by roon’s ability to play via various hardware configurations.

No issue. Easily fixed. I’m really liking Roon.

And thats Roon for you… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Hi Bob,

I experienced the same issue with my Bluesound Node 2i in my living room. Since the launch of Roon 1.8, I have had to unplug the unit twice over the last few weeks. After the Node 2i rebooted, it appeared in Roon as an audio output.

What is strange is the Node 2i in my den has remained as a choice in Roon throughout and both devices are on the same WiFi network.

Roger