Google Home
Nvidia Shield TV

Chromecast Ultra
Chromecast Audio
Android TV (Sony TV)
Vizio Cast

Chromecast Audio with digital out to Dac
Several Onkyo devices with Chromecast Audio built in

Didn’t know this initiative existed. Thought it would be ideal as a Bridge as soon as I started using Roon.

I’ve tried the …

• RPi RoPieee + Allo DigiOne route,
  • Allo USBRidge route,
  • Asus VivoStick PC route,
  • and Kangaroo micro PC route.

Though all are affordable, all require a significant investment in time setting up and some continual maintenance (RoPieee will probably prove to be the least).

But, a Cromecast can’t be beat for hands-off convenience while also affordable. This would be a huge win for both customers and for Roon by widening their audience/user base.

To answer the recent question, I have the regular legacy Chromecast now. I’ll buy any Chromecast device you get the bridge workin on, you tell me. :slight_smile: Though I would only want to use spdif out to my own dac.

I just have 2 regular Chromecast in rooms where I already have Roon Zones. I use these for YouTube mainly. Music videos.

Regular Chromecast
Chromecast Audio

+1 both normal and audio

Chromecast Audio and Nvidia shield for me.

3 original Chromecasts, used for YouTube, Google Play Music All Access, and casting tab content.

Chromecast Audio (optical out)
Chromecast Ultra

I would love to use the CCA with Roon.

Not really interested in using the Ultras for music unless Roon can get around converting evrything to 48k.

I appear to be missing a dll - MVSCR100.dll

Why can;t I find it?

Chromecast Ultra and Nvidia Shield.

Chromecast
Chromecast Audio
Google Home
Google Mini

Oo yes, i’m invested…

Hi @bevan_court,

This is a general windows error rather than anything to do with AirCast. It will be affecting anything that uses that DLL’s services. I don’t know the details of your setup or why this DLL is corrupt, missing, not on the path etc. This looks like a pretty comprehensive diagnosis you could try but I am no windows expert:

Two Chromecast audio
1 Chromecast ultra
1 Chromecast V2

All with latest firmware

2 x Chromecast Audios here

GoldenEar’s up-coming active bookshelves support Chromecast.

I’ve asked them about making these RoonReady but they said it’s not on their roadmap at the moment.

https://www.stereophile.com/content/goldenear-technology-digitalaktiv-3-poweredwireless-bookshelf-speaker

Chromecast
Chromecast Ultra
nVidia Shield

Will mainly use Chromecast Audio for its digital out capacity.