Chronosync from Mac to ROCK NUC?

Possible to run Chronosync from Mac to Roon ROCK NUC device?

yes, it should be. just point it to your ROCKS smb share.

note that I’ve not done it, but all the important stuff is on your share.

Definitely works, and works perfectly for me. My sync method of choice not just for getting my locally managed library from a Mac to my ROCK server.

1 Like

Anyone with a Mac should learn to use “rsync” in the terminal for manual backups. Its extremely easy, reliable and free. Only the first backup takes forever, subsequent backups just save the changes. For example:

rsync -av --exclude=“.*” /Volumes/Data/Storage/InternalStorage/* /Volumes/LaCie1

The source (/Volumes/Data/Storage/InternalStorage/*) and destination (/Volumes/LaCie1) can be drag-dropped into the terminal window from the desktop in succession, after the command. The exclude bit makes it ignore hidden files.

1 Like

I agree on the usefulness, and i use Robocopy on Windows to accomplish the same.
But, your exclusion seem to be missing an asterisk? (*)
And if not, you will also exclude some folders like “…And Justice For All” by Metallica.

You’re right, thanks. It was there, but needed escaping for the post :slight_smile:

rsync -av --exclude=“.*” /Volumes/Data/Storage/InternalStorage/* /Volumes/LaCie1

1 Like

Used Chronosync to copy my main library to the NUC’s internal storage last night. Looks to have worked flawlessly.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.