Classic Rock Florida HD

…no longer works on Roon (www.classicrockflorida.com) after a brief run. Could one of you work your magic and get it operating again? Many thanks.

Its working for me. Playing the Beatles I saw her Standing There.

Is it geo-limited, I wonder? I’m in Alabama. Then again, very few things run well in Alabama.

I"m in Maryland, so, doubt it. You are closer than I am. Whats the error message when you try and play it?

Hello @John_V , although that original stream seems ok, it is not the one the website uses anymore. They now use two streams; one for international users, the other for US, Canada and the UK.

I have added both new ones (and kept the old).

Try now.

2 Likes

Well, I have managed to cause Classical Rock Florida to disappear from My Live Radio, thinking I would re-add it from the Live Radio list (as an aside, poor naming choices), but now I cannot find the station. I filtered on Classic and then on Florida, with no joy. Thoughts?

There is an iconless “Classic Rock Radio HD” station but it results in “cannot play this station.”

Use the magnifying glass, top right, instead and search for Clasic Rock Florida.

(You need to be wary with filters. The filters only work on the results pulled up by the first category, and there is a 200 limit on that. If your station isn’t in that pull, you won’t find it. The magnifying glass always works.

Having said that, Locations → US → Florida should also work )

1 Like

There is an Amish saying, “The world is too much with me.” :slight_smile: Alas, I tried going out to home and using the search, entering first “Classic Rock Florida” and then dropping one of the "s"es as you wrote. I got “No Results” for the complete name. When I dropped Florida, I found an even 50 (curiously round number?) stations, but none of them the Florida station.

Finally, your parenthetical suggestion at the end worked: Locations. Thanks for your persistence.

I do not comprehend why neither search nor filter worked, but I suppose I should just be satisfied. Again, thanks.

1 Like

PS: The station I found is located in Margate, FL. Are we talking about the same station?

With the magnifying glass, did you hit return after entering the name? The drop down list doesn’t include radio stations (a known bug).

I think it’s the same station as the website URL is the same as you posted at the top of the thread. Are you hearing the same songs as the website?- I do.

Margate is near to Coconut Creek which is mentioned on the website - so that’s a better location and I’ll update the listing.

Yes, I hit return and looked at the full search results.

Looks like its the same sta5ion.

Hmm, strange the search didn’t work then. It did for me (when I spelled the name correctly!).

Anyway, all good now?

Glad to have come across this station… :sunglasses:

It is only 128kbps but it sounds good thru Roon and it is Ad Free.

–MD

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.