Classical Music: Which albums are displayed where?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10 64bit, Roon 1.8 Build 778

Description Of Issue

With Roon 1.8, it is quite confusing to me which classical albums are displayed where (and especially where not). Here’s one particularly clear example where Roon’s behavior just doesn’t make sense to me.

I have exactly one album by Karl-Heinz Steffens:

It is properly identified, with Karl-Heinz Steffens as Album Artist and Primary Artist. Clicking on the Karl-Heinz Steffens link I see:

My library album appears in the “My library” tracks (BTW: with classical music, the concept of Tracks is useless, just a waste of space on my screen). It does not show in the albums section. No possibility to filter for my library here (why?).

Clicking on Discography leads to:

My library album is not shown. Turning on the library filter gives exactly nothing. All in all I’m not able to find out that I have the Zimmermann album in my library.

Roon seems to know somehow that the album is in my library (it is shown in the Tracks section) but forgets about this fact in the Album section.

I’d be grateful for any help.

1 Like

Don’t go to Discography, go to Overview. All your library albums should be displayed there.

In this case it doesn’t. Normally in Overview “Albums in my Library” is shown. Here Roon seems to forget that there is an album in my library and shows the generic “Albums” view shown above.

I always had the impression that Roon is “forgetting” albums since version 1.8 appeared. In this particular case I was able to nail it down. I have no idea what the reason could be.

This is seemingly the same issues as reported here:

Roon are aware of the issue…

Hey @Rainer_Muller,

Thanks a whole lot for reporting this in such detail and for your incredible patience while we got back to you.

While not ideal, I do hope that @SimplicityCompass’ insight and @Rugby’s help this is clarified a bit more.

Is there anything support can help with?

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.