I just posted the below to Customer Support from OPPO…curious if any of the OPPO 205 owners here on ROON are experiencing the same/similar problem??
Very happy Oppo 205 owner and prev owner of pretty much every BD player you have made! I use ROON software w/TIDAL and saw on the forum there about the latest updates to the 205 firmware.
- I updated the Oppo firmware to the last 29 June firmware (and prev the Beta version).
- ROON updated to allow for MQA unfolding/streaming.
- It looked like I was truly unfolding/rendering MQA content.
- Last night, I read in the forum that I ALSO have to update the USB DAC firmware. I was on USD DAC firmware 0012 apparently. (so not really doing MQA?)
- I updated to USB DAC firmware 0015 then to 0018 via the updater and instructions w/o issue.
- Immediately noticed numerous clicks/pops with both MQA and especially non MQA content on 0018 USB DAC firmware. I was hoping I was imagining it, but they were there!! Why??
- I rolled back to 0015 firmware and they were gone. 0015 sounds better to me than 0012–why? what is different b/t them?
- So am I now no longer “doing” MQA on the Oppo? (other than ROON still will do the 1st unfold)…are you all tracking issues w/0018 and will a 0020 be forthcoming that fixes the snap, crackle, pops or is something else wrong?