Complete Album Art - Sleeve Notes - Booklets

+1. Such a cool app! Hope integration is possible. Would be amazing to have it work with Roonbridge otherwise.

1 Like

Thought Iā€™d pick this up again - having the complete album artwork (booklet) to flip through on the iPad whilst playing the CD would be really amazingā€¦

3 Likes

I know this had probably been covered so i apologize in advance, just donā€™t have the energy to scroll 82 pages.

How do i view the back cover of an album?

Thanks.

Claus

You can add it to the album folder along with PDF files.

You can? Do you have a link that explains this? Iā€™ve tried searching the Roon knowledge base - no luck.

Thanks, in advance.

Not sure where it says it now but you can, and I have dropped pdf files in the relative folder for an album in my hard drive.
Drag and drop, I use QNAP. Try one and see.

You need to get the PDF of the album art from somewhere, and then add it to the folder which contains the music files. You do both of these activities outside of Roon. Then get Room to re-scan the folder (if it doesnā€™t do it automatically).

I just scan a booklet in pdf on my printer. Epson

1 Like

I use my phone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Iā€™ll give her a try!

Quite often you will find someone has already scanned the artwork on Discogs and you can copy it from there.

Yep thatā€™s where i upload my new sacd`s and find images for my old stuff.

A lot of the scans on Discogs are pretty low res, though.

1 Like

Discogs has a lot of the content desired but often lower res as noted. I find itā€™s good enough for pictures of discs and art but not often high enough resolution for reading text which is a shame. I find 30+ page CD booklets scanned and find it easier to read on a monitor (with hi-rez) than on a small booklet in hand. I own the CDs but donā€™t want to scan all those pages.

I love that I can find the exact version as my item. I donā€™t want to link content that is different. I like seeing the unique variation of my discs, backs, and even covers. I love reading the booklets on line when possible.

I wish Discogs content was higher rez!

Album Art Exchange is best for high quality cover scans (especially if you just want a standard cover and not necessarily your specific CD with some minor variation.

I also like creating my own pages as PDF or screen shot pic files with info of interest to me. I wish I could have pages per Artist vs Album (i.e a person site/drive link like the Facebook buttons today). I like info on preferred masterings and summaries of different variations by artist. I also have pages by artists on recommended titles (especially for 50ā€™s acts with lotā€™s of non album tracks and comps.).

If I have the ability to post my own content and organize it then itā€™s helpful.

1 Like

Some Classical labels allow download of the PDF of the booklet eg Hyperion

I love the idea of downloading the booklet.

I would find music album downloads more interesting if they had more art and info.

Using a tablet for control there are wonderful possibilities for a digital version of the album jacket experience

1 Like

I donā€™t find AlbumArtExchange that great as it often only has the front cover. AllCDcovers and CDcovers.cc are much better, but Iā€™m not sure on the status of those sites at present. Megasearch searched these and more, though I think that site might be down now.

I would like to revive this conversation. I keep reading reviews on Roon which mention how good the liner notes are on some of the albums/new releases. I would love to have access to this detail. Also, Album back covers often have the missing metadata on composers and performers. As this topic appears to have last been raised in 2017, is it possible to revisit whether this can now be provided?

Two years later, both sites are down.

For what itā€™s worth, I would be just as happy with the back covers for albums from AllMusic.com.

I think this has been requested before as a new featureā€¦ still waiting for the WOW!!!

1 Like

has the back cover art on allmusic been available for a long time? I never noticed, but thatā€™s great ā€¦ and it definitely should be in Roon!