Complete Album Art - Sleeve Notes - Booklets

Are you asking for something different than the ability to launch a viewer that already exists?

So far my local library is 1200+ CDs, all of which I’ve scanned the booklets and packaging. Roon handles them all.

As @Ken_Lesniak says, the button already exists for local files. I suspect that you are asking for this to be added for albums from a streaming service (Tidal or Qobuz) that you have added to your library. Two comments from me on this (but I’m not speaking for Roon Labs, I’m just a user):

• I don’t think this would necessarily be “simple” to implement…
  • Qobuz, unlike Tidal I believe, already provide PDFs for many albums, and Roon will automatically pick these up and provide a PDF button to display them.
1 Like

Works very well !

LD

No @Geoff_Coupe or @Ken_Lesniak just looking for local files. If this already exists, can you please explain where to find it or how to implement it, because I have albums with folders full of artwork as jpgs, and pdfs, and cannot find this functionality within Roon.

Thanks

OK, if you have PDFs in an album folder, then you should see Roon report this on the album page like this:

That is actually a hyperlink, so if you click it you will get a pop-up to choose the PDF that you want to view (this example album only has a single PDF). Click on the Open file link to open the file in your PDF reader (e.g. the Edge browser in my case).

You can also use Focus in the Album browser to list all your albums that have PDFs:

And if you want to, you can also find out which albums do not have PDFs associated with them. Note that I have focused on local albums only in this view. I have excluded my Qobuz albums, because the “Has PDF” is specifically for local PDFs. Roon does not count Qobuz PDFs.

See also:

3 Likes

@Geoff_Coupe thank you so much for your explanation on this. Thats exactly the functionality I need. Also the tip on using the focus for “has PDF” and the inverse is helpful. Apparently some of my albums had the pdf or extra image files, but not in the proper spots for them to be utilized. For example, I have folders for some Super Deluxe Editions (Zep, Sabbath etc) There are multiple discs and each has a subfolder for each disc, The PDFs and artwork were not duplicated within each subfolder, only in the main folder and were not being presented by Roon. I moved some around and duplicated the files to each subfolder for each individual disc and things are working perfectly now. Looks like I have some cleanup work ahead of me.

thanks again

2 Likes

Geoff described it perfectly, and I see you’re having some luck now. Great.

Although Roon can find your music in a variety of folder organizations, it probably is less capable of figuring what extra files go with what albums in many cases. I can sympathize with that.

I maintain a structure of a folder per artist, and then one subfolder per album. If there are multiple discs in an album then they all go in the same sub folder. Roon is very happy with this organization and it always finds my extra files. (I’ll make the caveat that I have very little classical music, and I understand there can be extra problems when you do).

2 Likes