Complete audio illiterate needs help

Hi,
I am totally ignorant about audio, speakers, sound quality, etc. and for that I sincerely apologise. My partner, on the other hand, is a buff. He recently got some new speakers (bowers and wilkins) and is a subscriber to Roon. He has a unit which controls the music and on which there is a visual display which shows album artwork, etc.

My question is this…in layman’s terms, are there any hub type devices that I could buy him for his birthday that would allow voice control of this setup. We had an alexa but I believe that doesn’t work?

Many thanks in advance for any (very dumb-downed) responses to my problem.
Caroline

I don’t think this is possible at this time. But others may have ideas I’m not aware of.

There’s currently no voice control for Roon. The best you can do is to get a Google Assistant endpoint, like the Google Home Max, which will allow you to use the voice commands “stop” / “pause” / “resume” / “volume up” / “volume down” / “next” / “previous” while playing something from Roon over this speaker. But it can’t control other Roon endpoints, like the stereo, and you can’t use it to start playback or select music to play or anything like that.

What Hi-Fi has a page of the best Google Assistant speakers, if that’s of interest.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.