Composer confusion - Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love

Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane contains the song ‘Somebody To Love’, which seems to get mixed up with the Queen song of the same name:

The same problem occurs on other Jefferson Airplane albums that feature this song. The reverse doesn’t seem to happen: Queen albums are all credited to Freddie Mercury only for that title.

Hi @Anthony_B,

We looked into this, and there is currently no Freddie Mercury composer credit on our end. It may be that this was incorrect but an edit was made by our metadata provider. This type of edit could take about a week to reflect in your Roon database.

Alternatively, this could be coming from your file tags. Can you share a screenshot of your file tags here just to verify that they aren’t coming from there?

Thank you for the report, we appreciate it!

Hi Dylan,

many thanks. I rescanned that particular album and the Freddie Mercury credit disappeared. However, it still persists in other copies of the same song on different albums. It will take a while to check all the tags, but the Surrealistic Pillow tags were clean, with no Composer credits.

Hi @Anthony_B,

If you find any other albums where the credit isn’t in the file tags let me know and we will take a closer look. Thanks!

Came across this issue a couple of days ago… I’ll post my findings later on…

@dylan: In my library the composition “Somebody To Love” is credited to Freddie Mercury on the following albums of Jefferson Airplane and The Great Society (which is both not correct):

The credit should only be Darby Slick.

As @Anthony_B previously mentioned the credit on the Queen albums is not mixed up.

1 Like

Glad it isn’t just me. Not sure if I got round to checking the tags on every single album. Perhaps an easier way would be to remove them all from Roon, clean the database then re-add one by one until the issue shows itself?

I checked the respective files in the local library and I’ve got no Composer tag set at all.