COMPOSITION editor in Roon

Ok, I see. We are coming to this feature request with different expectations.

I don’t believe that roon will ever provide a fully functional metadata editor for local content. What is there provides for some very basic needs and is probably not going to change much in the future. Many (but certainly not all) issues with local content can usually be fixed with a 3rd party editor and that general approach was probably baked into roon a long time ago. But there are several glaring issues with streamed content that cannot be fixed that way. I cannot imagine roon ever providing a fully featured meta-data editor for local content but they might one day add a few useful editing features for streamed content like being able to fix multi-part composition hierarchies. You never know.

Probably not, and that is not really my expectation. Here we only address the problem of incorrect or missing grouping of tracks into compositions which is a primary object in Roon’s model, given that there is a Composition Browser.

That’s the thing I am suggesting. And if there is an editing feature for streamed content, why not let it also work on local content…

You can only ask. There have been requests to add functionality to the composition browser by a handful (myself included) ever since it was introduced. This was maybe 5 years a go now. I cannot remember. I suspect your wait will likely be long.