Composition Page

It would be handy to be able to select a track in the Album Page and go directly to the Composition Page of that track

Hey @Ori_Onn,

You can do that actually! First, click the ellipsis (3 dots) to the far right of the track then click Go to Composition.

Hello Jamie, however in Classical compositions with several parts, this option does not exist in the composition line, but rather in each of its parts (which actually leads to the top composition page). I don’t think that’s the way it should work.

Instead of clicking on the parts you can click on the library symbols next to the work. That will take you directly to the composition page. The added advantage is that depending on which symbol you will already have pre-selected all the performances available on your streaming service or just those available in your local library.

But I agree that takes you to the top of the composition page rather than the performance line item that you have clicked. Personally, I like it the way it is now, but I can see why others might prefer it your way. The compromise would be some kind of configuration toggle to choose the behavior you prefer but that would be a feature request. The feature request could probably be generalized as a toggle that would take you either to the top of lists or to the place in the list you started from throughout roon, not just this particular use case. There are lots of inconsistent navigation behaviors in roon now, where it is not obvious if you will end up at the top of a list or the middle of a list, as roon has responded to similar requests in a piecemeal fashion.

Hello Jamie, however in Classical compositions with several parts, this option does not exist in the composition line, but rather in each of its parts (which actually leads to the top composition page). I don’t think that’s correct.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.