Configuring a WD My Cloud for SMB instead of AFP [Solved]

Hey, Mike,
Man, are you gonna make me fess up to my silly mistake? :wink:

I was able to figure out how to “mount” the WD My Cloud disk using SMB. I have never had to deal with anything other then the default network mount in the past (afp). I just logged into my WD My Cloud console and retrieved the STATIC IP address I assigned to the device many months ago during initial setup. Once I had the IP address, I just did the following:

1. Finder --> Connect to Server

2. Entered smb://IP address/, clicked on “+” to add to the list of Favorite Servers

3. I then highlighted the new server in the list of Favorite servers and clicked on Connect.

4. Viola, all mounted and roon is now happy.

Let me know if it would assist the community if I take screen shots and attach them to this thread (assuming I can attach/upload screen shots). I would be more than happy to do so if you feel it is of value to the community.

However, after an all night import (I have somewhere between 18,000 - 22,000 tunes), I am discovering roon has not loaded more than a few albums. Not sure if any artists are missing yet. For example, I have all of Rush’s albums with a few remastered ones for about 26 albums. Roon only found 5… I am digging around on the forum to see if I can find any similar issues and solutions. BTW, I entered a separate thread for this issue.

So far, I am liking Roon. If I can get the missing album issue resolved, I will most likely take on an annual subscription for this year.
Thanks, Mike.

Dale