Confusing behavior after adding an album to library

Hi there,

Want to know if I’m missing something or if this is a bug.

When listening to an album on Qobuz or Tidal that is not in my library, if I add it to the library, there now appear to be two instances of the same album version occurring in Roon. If I navigate away from the album and go back to it from ‘Recently Added’, all looks normal except this is not the instance that is playing. On the other hand, if I navigate back to the album by clicking the title in the Now Playing bar, it sends me to another instance of that album, pre-add, which IS playing. On this latter instance, the “+” is still available for me to add to the library even though I already did so. I use the word ‘instance’ reather than version, because both appear to represent the same ‘version’ in Roon - the ‘Versions’ tab seems to show the added (but not playing) version of the album. This becomes awkward because, as I listen, if I want to like/heart a track, I have to navigate away from the ‘playing’ instance to the ‘added’ instance to do so (and then back to replay or skip ahead, etc.)

Thanks,
D

As you add an album roon clones it effectively and the one added to the library is not then the one playing.

Yes, agree that seems to be happening. I understand there may be architectural / software issues at play here, but it makes for a very awkward user experience.

That’s one way to look at it for sure, however:

And it’s probably part of this larger issue:

2 Likes