Congratulations! KEF LS50W & Roon 269 - Direct to ETH!

There are $200 DACs that do MQA even full MQA like the Meridian Explorer 2 but yeah I would not expect that the Kef’s will ever do this. I like MQA personally but my guess is it would have to be a lot more widely accepted for Kef to do this assuming the internals could support it.

New firmware update out today. I updated with no issues.

It is unlikely for many reasons… You can check out what KEF has to say about implementing MQA decoding into LS50W.

https://www.kefdirect.com/mqa-basics

I had not seen that. April 3rd, that’s timely.
The only reason I thought it might be remotely possible is because a fair number of dacs have had MQA rendering added after the fact.
Given Kef’s already poor software development capabilities and the limited market I didn’t think it would happen for this reasons as well.

Now running with Roon 1.5 with MQA unfold direct via ethernet to Kef LS150.

First listen last night, EVERYTHING sounds better - not just the MQA albums. No idea why that is. But there is a distinct overall improvement in presence. May just be confirmation bias at play - but wow, I am impressed.

Continue to be mightily impressed by the Roon team. These guys communicate well, and boy do they deliver!

“Would adding Sonos Connect to LS50w via Toslink allow multi-room?”…Yes it would but you would lose the resolution as the Sonos is limited in streaming quality.