Connecting my PC as roon endpoint via HDMI and COAX to AVR

Hi community,
I am wondering if it is possible to connect my Windows PC (endpoint) with HDM (for multichannel music) and via Analog/Chinch (iFi Black Label nano DAC for MQA) to the same source on my AVR so that I do not need to change the source on AVR while listening MQA or multichannel music. I hope that I could only change the output device in windows.

The AVR (onkyo tx-rz1100) has HDMI and Analog connections for the same source.

Is this possible or is there maybe another option I do not see at the moment?

Thank you in adcanve for any reply!

Cant give a 100% yes but sure why not…just give it a try…nothing to lose.

Hey, yes I tried it but i do not get any sound out of the connected DAC as long as I assign the same source than the HDMI cable…maybe the AVR can not hanlde this ?

Yes, it is up to the AVR to select which is active. On my Marantz, I can connect both to the same named input source and use the menu to select between HDMI and S/PDIF as the audio source while keeping the HDMI for video.

Just found this option in my settings, I will try it later on:

Audio Select

Select the priority for input selection when multiple audio sources are connected to one input selector, such as connections to both the “BD/DVD” HDMI IN jack and the “BD/DVD” AUDIO IN jack. The setting can be separately set to each input selector button. Select the input selector to configure. Note that there are some default values you cannot change.

[

Audio Select

Default Value: BD/DVD: HDMI CBL/SAT: HDMI GAME: HDMI STRM BOX: HDMI PC: HDMI AUX: HDMI CD: OPTICAL TV: OPTICAL PHONO: Analog

Default Value: Off

The setting cannot be changed when “TUNER”, “NET”, or “BLUETOOTH” input is selected.

It is working now with the Audio Select setting from the AVR :slight_smile:

1 Like