Connecting Nucleus to network streamer with a network adapter

Am I correct in assuming that I can connect a network streamer to the internet by using a network adapter to connect the streamer to a Roon Nucleus connected to the internet by ethernet cable to the router?

Welcome to the forum.
Just to clarify. You are asking if you connected the streamer directly to the nucleus, the nucleus itself being connected to the router?
If so, this won’t work as the nucleus won’t give the streamer a network address. You need to connect the streamer to the router itself.

Hi ged.

Yes I was asking if I connected the streamer directly to the nucleus, the nucleus itself being connected to the router and you’ve answered the question.

Many thanks for your quick and helpful reply.

I always connect my network to a switch and only have that switch connected to a router. That way all internal traffic is handled by the switch.

1 Like

Martin, it is unlikely to work. Nucleus cannot be configured to bridge connections. I’ve asked for this to be included precisely for the use case you suggest. A bridged connection will assign both ports an IP on the same subnet. Roon will see it and work.

To be clear, it doesn’t work.

Thanks Henry.

Thanks Ged, I’ll try a network switch.