Connecting Roon ARC to Core

Help!!! New Roon2.0 and ARC not connecting…

Roon Core Machine

MacOS Monterey 12.5, MacBook Pro, Chip M2, 24GB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Asus RT-N56U Router. Firmware Version:[3.0.0.4.380_7378]
Wifi. No VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

<200 tracks

Description of Issue

From Room Core when trying to connect Roon Arc:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkTimeout”,“status_code”:998,“error”:“”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“xxxx”,“router_external_ip”:“yyyy”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Anyone, help please…?

Which country are you in and what ISP do you use?
Tagging @support

Hello!

• Singapore.
  • My Republic.

Looking at your error message (which I’ve edited to remove your public IP addresses), it says that Multiple NATs have been found. If you don’t have more than one router in your home network, then this issue is being caused by the network configuration of your ISP.

Your ISP will need to give you a public IP address (either static or dynamic) for ARC to work. Can you check with them whether they are doing this?

It is highly likely that your network provider is using Carrier-grade NAT. You can see that if you can compare your public IP with your WAN IP (on the info page of your router). If both don’t match, your ISP uses CGNAT and it’s probably why you won’t be able to use ARC as long as you don’t have a dedicated public IP. Looking at the error message, those two addresses are indeed different, so I suspect your ISP is using CGNAT.

2 Likes
1 Like

Hi @Martin_Callow,

Please let us know if what @Geoff_Coupe suggested was a good workaround for you.

Wes

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.