Conrol Roon Installed on WIndows 10 with Logitech Harmony Remote?

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10 Pro w/USB IR Interface

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Sony AVR Receiver connected via TOSLINK

Number of Tracks in Library

11,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I’d like to use my Logitech Harmony remote to control the basic functions of Roon (stop/play/pause/track up/track down)
I have KODI set up and working fine via the Logitech remote (have had for years, but decided to move to Roon as my media center application). But I really miss being able to just grab the remote to stop or pause playback instead of messing with my phone as a remote.
I’ve searched the support community and the internet and can’t find a way to do this.
Does anyone know if this is possible?

Which Logitech Harmony remote you have? I’m able to control Roon in my Lenovo M90n with my Harmony Elite remote.

You can use a flirc usb thing for both windows and harmony.

I have a Harmony One. It doesn’t have the hub other models use.

If you don’t have a hub based Harmony then get a Flirc USB and plug it in any USB port in your PC and add it as device into your Harmony One. With a Hub based Harmony you don’t need the Flirc USB as the PC is controlled via network with the Harmony hub remote.

Cool. Thank you so much for the guidance!

Do you remember what “device” you chose in the Logitech remote setup? I choose FLIRC as the manufacturer, but then also need to choose a device. The only device I can find in the remote setup is KODI. Programming the remote with that doesn’t seem to work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.