Control 4 extension

Roon Core Machine

hi, we have a nucleus+ and want to get control of roon through control 4.
We have installed the roon drivers in control 4 compossor but we need the control 4 extension enabled through the roon app in extension’s.
Do anyone have any suggestions on how we can do this? seem to be going round in circles looking at the threads

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

you can enable extensions in roon by opening Roon and visiting Settings → Extensions

Hi Danny, I can see the extensions tab but there’s not extensions in there currently, I need to add a control 4 extension but don’t know how to go about that :grimacing:

I don’t have personal experience with Control4, and our resident expert on this stuff is on holiday, but I do know we have an article on the subject:

1 Like

Hi @Joshua_Hadley ,

This is Noris from the support team here, I’ve returned from my holiday and I wanted to check in with you here, have you been able to resolve the issue?

It sounds like you installed the module in Composer, but perhaps didn’t configure the Core/Zone driver communication properly.

You would need to first point the Roon Core module to your Roon Core IP address like so:

Then navigate to Roon Settings → Extension from a Roon Remote and Enable/Activate the Control4 extension:

Control4 Enable

Then go back to Composer and specify the zones:

Then on the Touch Panel aspect, you have to configure the Navigator/Listen section, as per the Control4 Roon manual, Page 8/9:

At the end, you should be able to select your desired zone from the Touch Panel - Listen menu:

Hope this helps!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.