Control4, Nucleus, and Qobuz integration

I’m interested in a Nucleus system for the home integration/automation perspective. I currently use C4 and a blue sound node 2i streamed from a nuci7 core, however I have to app hop to control volume etc. I noticed that the Nucleus has C4 integration with Tidal. Does it support Qobuz within the C4 app interface? I’ve been searching for a single controller app for a while and really hope this is available or will be soon. Thanks

Hi @Ben_Moree,

Thanks for your questions here, here are the answers you seek:

Yes, both TIDAL and Qobuz integration are supported on the Control4 driver.

You can control the Volume using our driver.

It’s already available, you can find more information here: http://kb.roonlabs.com/Control4
And the user guide can be found here: https://download.roonlabs.com/control4/Roon_Control4.pdf

Hope this helps but do let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks,
Noris

@noris
That’s great news. I’m currently using C4 to control my system. Until recently I had a sonos connect in my system but I didn’t like the integration of the sonos with C4 as I only had access to my sonos favorites and not my full library through the C4 app. From the above links that you provided it appears that I should have access to both my full library and Qobuz files. Can you confirm that I will be able to browse the extensive Qobuz library in C4 and add files to the my library as I currently do in the roon app. Thanks for your help.

Hi @Ben_Moree,

You can certainly browse the Qobuz library with the Control4 module, but adding tracks to your library or changing your playlist contents will have to be done with a regular Roon Remote at this time. Also, just as a note, the Qobuz browsing will follow the same style of browsing as listed in the C4 Knowlege Base pictures.

Roon actually supports Sonos devices, so you would be able to control this aspect through the Roon C4 module. I haven’t personally had a chance to play around with Sonos gear too much, but you’ll be able to have the same kind of volume control that you currently have while using Roon Remote App + Sonos.

Thanks,
Noris

@noris
I used a fixed output from my devices and control the volume directly through the pre-amp which is one if the reasons I hop between C4 and either Roon or Sonos apps. If I can get the same level of control with my sonos through the Nucleus then that is a big plus and it might allow me to add it back into the system as additional source to the bluesound.

@Ben_Moree - Just so you’re aware, you can also use “DSP Volume” to control volume on a device if it doesn’t support regular volume control methods. More info can be found here regarding this volume control type distinction.

Have you previously used Sonos together with Roon? There are a couple more intricacies regarding Sonos devices which are mentioned in our Sonos Documentation which you might want to look over so that you have a better understanding.

Thanks,
Noris