Control4 T3 Touchscreen Crashing OS3

Any updates?

Looking at this Thread looks like Roon and C4 is not playing well together

Is this now sorted ?

Hello @David_Feldman1,

There is still an active ticket regarding this issue.

I recently checked to see if Control4 OS 3.1.1 has helped with this issue and it looks like unfortunately it has not, so I have noted this info in the ticket with the devs.

We are still actively looking into this issue and as soon as we have any updates to share I will be sure to update this thread accordingly. Thanks for your patience here.

Ok - Just about to purchase a Nucleus, however I will wait until this is fixed

1 Like

Hi @Gary_Chapman -

That’s fine, but do know that while this issue is in the queue, I can’t provide any hard timelines of when it will reach the front and be resolved. It will be resolve at one point, but there are many other reasons to get a Nucleus in the interim.

Times Lines looking at the reported issue goes back to July 2019 and its now Feb 2020 - Why would I purchase ÂŁ2000 of equipment that does not work with my Control4 System ?

Should be able to sort a software fix in 8mths

Hi @Gary_Chapman,

I understand your frustration here and apologies for this. The ticket is still under active development by the team, I have will bring this ticket up at our next meeting but this has been one of the trickier issues to resolve. I appreciate your patience while we look into this further. Thank you.

Thanks for the update @noris . There are more than 400,000 Control4 installations out there including many audiophiles. For me, the ability to use Roon with C4 was a key factor in my decision to subscribe to Roon. I hope you’ll get the issue resolved soon. Thanks.

2 Likes

Tom - Looking to join but looking at all the bugs with C4 I can push the button - Such a shame with no new C4 products I though this could be fun

@noris has there been any development with this fix? have several customers that at this point want there roon removed for a refund because of this bug, WE NEED A FIX!!!

Any update? Just tried with OS 3.1.3 and still crashing.

Hello All,

I wanted to reach out with some good news about Roon’s Control4 integration. We have identified some issues with the current implementation and we have scheduled some time in the near future to make some changes to address these issues.

We can’t provide any timelines just yet as this will take some time to develop and test before we can release, but we’ll be sure to keep you updated once we have more information about this available.
Your patience as we’ve investigated this has been greatly appreciated, and we hope to have more good news for you regarding this soon.

Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks,
The Roon Support Team

Too late product as now been ditched - YOU are too slow at sorting issues with your driver

Other products on the market

I realize this is a very old thread, but unfortunately this issue persists, almost 3 years after the original report. Scrolling through lists of Qobuz playlists will reliably crash both T3 and T4 Control4 touch panels. Other long lists in Tidal will typically crash the touch panels too.

I am on C4 OS 3.2.2.

@noris: Is this still in the queue to be fixed?

All development work on the Roon Control4 driver has ended and the code has been published as an open-source GitHub project. If you would like to try to debug this issue and submit a pull request to have this fixed, you can do so here: