Control4 T3 Touchscreen Crashing OS3

Have a Nucleus integrated with C4 using a Bluesound Vault as the storage. From the touch screen when I go into the roon library and select something at the top of the list it loads no issue, once I scroll down and try to select something the touchscreen crashes and goes back to the home screen. Works fine from Android C4 app, just happening on the T3 Touch. Any thoughts? Issues with C4 and larger databases?

Hi @David_Feldman1,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for the report. I have performed some testing on my end with the T3 gear we have in-house and I notice the same type behavior occur.

I have gone ahead and filed an internal ticket regarding this issue and have requested that the dev team take a closer look at this behavior. I cannot comment on when this ticket will reach the queue, but thank you for bringing this issue to our attention.

Can you please also let me know a few other details regarding your setup?

• What kind of C4 Control Processor are you using?

• How large is your Roon library? This info can be found in the Roon Menu -> Overview Tab -> tracks/albums count.

• Have you noticed this issue occur before upgrading to OS3?

• What kind of networking gear are you using, can you let me know the model/manufacturer?

C4 EA5 Gen1 Processor, EA1’s elsewhere in house.
Roon Library 12,728 Tracks
Not sure if issue was there prior to OS3, don’t think we tried previously.
Luxul Epic 5 Router, Luxul AMS-2624P and AMS-2600 switches, Ruckus R510 Access Points.

Hi @David_Feldman1,

Thank you for sharing that additional info, I have included it in the case notes. I will be sure to let you know once I have any further information regarding this issue after I hear back from the technical team.

Any updates to this issue?

Hi @David_Feldman1,

Thank you for your continued interest into this issue. I took a look at our ticket tracker and I can see that there is still an active ticket pending review by the dev team.

As I mentioned before, I can’t comment on when this ticket will reach the development queue, but as soon as there’s any other news regarding the ticket, I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks in advance for your patience!

I am having the same issue. OS3. EA5.

Hi @Homeboy,

Thanks for the additional data point. As mentioned above, we have an active ticket with the dev team pending review. I don’t have any other updates to share at this time, but once I do I will be sure to let you know. Thanks!

Does the same problem occur with the new OS 3.1?

Hi @jaapaap,

I just updated to OS 3.1 and I am still seeing the same issue occurring on my end. I have updated the tracking ticket with this information and as soon as there is any new updates to share I will be sure to let you know, thanks!

Just checking in

Hi @jaapaap,

I had a discussion today with our project manager and we confirmed that this issue is tentatively scheduled for our next Roon release. I can’t make any absolute guarantees as this ticket is still pending review, but we are hoping to schedule some time to look at it before the next Roon release ships. As soon as I have any further information I will be sure to let you know, thanks!

That’s fantastic news. Thanks for the update, @noris!

1 Like

Just wanted to check in

Checking in as well. This has been dragging on too long.

Hi @jaapaap,

I took a look at our internal tracker today, and I can see that your ticket is still in our development queue.

This means our developers are still planning to look at this, but we don’t yet have a timeframe for when that’s going to happen.

Once the ticket has been scheduled and work begins, I’ll have a better sense of timing here. Thanks in advance for your patience!

Hi @noris this is an issue for me to. Please keep us posted. Thanks. Also, will you be integrating with the new C4 NEERO? Thanks.

Hi @Tom_Newbold,

As soon as I have any updates I will be sure to update this thread accordingly.

As for the C4 Neeo remote - we do not have this specific model in-house to verify compatability so we will have to investigate this further. If others Roon users are successfully using this remote with their setup please do let us know.

Thanks!

How’s it going on this issue?

Hi @jaapaap,

Thank you for your continued interest into this issue.

We have just recently launched Roon 1.7 and most of our development efforts have been towards getting this realease out the door.

Now that we have released it, we plan on scheduling some dev time towards this issue very soon.
I can’t share an exact timeline but thank you for your patience here.