Countdown clock to Roon 1.8 launch

I’ve worked for two fortune 200 companies, and for apps we developed ourselves (generally 20+ small updates per year and 1-2 big ones), we had multiple instances per year of apps being delayed by 1-3 days with no warning or transparency, and usually no explanation of what went wrong - once it was something we had done we needed to fix. We also had many that dropped the day that we were supposed to, but you remember the others. Not trying to defend Roon; I just think that for the exact reason we are experiencing now (witness the excitement), it’s preferable not to throw stones at those for things they can’t control.

EDIT: also, at both companies we had very strong senior<>senior relationships with Apple’s engineering and business management. And they just said “that’s the way it is for everyone, no apologies”.

4 Likes

Both the website and your Roon app are right.
It is coming soon, and up untill then 1.7 is the latest version. No arguing about that, just 100% correct.

1 Like

Ideally, this would have been released on Jan 8th… Roon 1.8 on 1.8.(21) :smiley:

4 Likes

Sounds like core or network issues? Assuming you have done some troubleshooting?

1 Like

The Apple App Store has just released a second load of updates, Roon isn’t there so I would expect it to be tomorrow now.

1 Like

Maybe its randomized? Or by region? I’m sure there is some powerful thinking at Apple Park and the Googleplex to manage the server load for all apps updating today… :thinking:

May I check it is working time now? As here will be Feb. 10th 2021 soon :joy:

3 Likes

Look like we all have to move to app store guys and come back here when we got app update. Leave Roon team alone.

@Flashman it’s time to restart the clock!

1 Like

My company has 2 or 3 day delays by apple as we have few apps with relatively few users and I guess.

Wow, I really appreciate your insights on these “insider”-topics. I am a new user but this is the second time already I read something like this on this forum.

This transparency really contributes to my very positive view on this product and company.

Thank you!

1 Like

Almost there everyone…

16 Likes

Hilarious. You are stoking the fire, and I appreciate it inordinately. I needed that.

(Auto-correct initially changed this to “you are smoking the fire”, which sounded even better but perhaps too inaccurate to post)

1 Like

I thought it was out already…Wah lau… heheheh

1 Like

Is it not??? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ha! Good one Peter!

Do you also have the audiophile linear power supply available? And how much does that cost? Oh I almost forgot - audiophile USB and Ethernet cables, audiophile USB hub (yes there is such a thing but if there isn’t I can sell you one) and audiophile network switches?

This update is going to cost a fortune!

1 Like

It’s the 10th already…did I miss it?

3 Likes