Countdown clock to Roon 1.8 launch

For those who like to watch a countdown clock, here you go! :rofl:

16 Likes

I was hoping NORAD were going to be tracking it

5 Likes

Perfect! I set the launch for East Coast Time in the U.S. Not sure whether our lads are pinned to this time zone! :rofl:

1 Like

I quake with anticipation.

1 Like

Hah. We are definitely not launching at midnight when everyone is asleep :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

Brian, I suspect there are more than a few users out there who will check at midnight. Someone dearly wants to report being the first adopter! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Well, if you let it count till midnight on Feb 10th CET, you maybe have a better chance
Dirk

4 Likes

The autist in me feels it’s necessary to remind everyone that you are nonetheless launching on a Tuesday, which is quite unusual.

1 Like

Of course, for sure - you will launch it earlier :smiley:

1 Like

No worries, I am sure it will be Wednesday overhere in Europe.

3 Likes

Comedian George Carlin said it best…

“Suppose that you didn’t make your Easter duty and it’s Pentecost Sunday, the last day, and you’re on a ship at sea. And the chaplain goes into a coma! But you wanted to receive. And then it’s Monday, too late… But then you cross the International Date Line! Would that then be a sin then, Father?”

1 Like

Je pense que tu as hâte d’avoir la mise à jour !

2 Likes

Aussi, mais j’ai surtout eu une grosse pensée pour l’équipe de modération, et vu que c’est la veille d’une grosse sortie, j’ai préféré m’abstenir d’encore foutre le bordel en faisant des blagues moisies sur la France et la technologie…

(dear english speakers, worry not: nothing mean was said about the French in the above post)

5 Likes

Not for us! Tuesday is the best day of the week to make a big release, followed by Wednesday, Thursday, Monday, and Friday in that order.

Our product is used at home, and usage skews heavily towards the weekend. If something is going to go wrong, we’d rather break stuff earlier in the week than on Saturday night when someone is throwing a party and really needs the music to work. That gives us more time to react, fix things, possibly even make a quick bugfix release before those critical weekend times.

If something goes wrong before a release and we have to delay it, we can push to Wednesday and still have 2 day to solve any urgent problem that comes up. We have made many Wednesday releases.

Once in a while, we will delay to Thursday, but that is getting pretty close to the weekend, and usually if we ran into two last-minute things it’s a sign that the release could use a few more days of testing.

Why not Monday? It’s a popular day for weekly meetings, since it’s a good time kick things off or adjust course for the week. Also, people wake up to a weekend full of email, support requests, etc, so everyone is a little bit too busy to focus on sitting in front of a release checklist and moving through the steps.

Unfortunately for us, the press leaked Tuesday as “the date” for this one, so we’re gonna really try to nail it on Tuesday. Before the information leak, we were planning on the usual Tuesday-Thursday release window. That’s just how it goes sometimes…

22 Likes

Not for Microsoft and not for Apple

3 Likes

Would be cool to show us total Roon system-wide usage by day… !

1 Like

It’s obviously too small a set to be representative, but I’d looked through the previous “version x.xx is live” announcements to make the joke on the other thread, and you’ll be fascinated (or, hopefully, not) to learn that if I’m not mistaken, you released (or at least, announced your releases) more on Thursdays and Wednesdays in the past.

I’d remembered the Apple thing which is why I looked at the Roon dates - with them, there was quite a bit of using print media deadlines at play as well if I’m not mistaken. I didn’t know Microsoft had also stolen that from them…

Heureusement, la traduction avec www.deepl.com est un secret bien gardé.

1 Like

Looks like I’m not going to sleep tonight in nervous anticipation of 1.8

wait, did Roon actually published a launch time ?

I feel that it will be my late afternoon/early eve tomorrow :slight_smile:
Oh yeah, and the phone apps should be out too soon.