CPU on the NAS is jumping to 25%

@Eric:

Great! I’ll get to testing and report back here.

Best.

1 Like

@Eric:

I have one evening of testing under my belt so it is limited still, however, here are my early results:
Audio

The audio issue with clicks and pops seems to have been resolved. The test case recordings I was using to demo the problem no longer have these unwanted audio artifacts. I will continue to listen for issues, but I am cautiously optimistic this has been resolved.

BlueSound Node2 Stability

On the bad news side, I am still seeing the Bluesound Node2 crash and reboot when playing from Roon. I will need to run more hours of testing, however, 24 hours of testing have shown Bluesound Nodes playing from Roon crash while Bluesound Nodes playing from the Bluesound app are stable. Very anecdotally, it seems that if I am using a DSD source on Roon – converted by Roon to 192/24 before being sent to the player, the crashes happen more frequently – as compared say to 192/24 source material being sent. Not enough data to know for certain yet however.

If you need them, I have the logs from the Bluesound units themselves.

@support

Hi @c2c2c2 ----- Thank you for the follow up after the most recent build(s) and sharing the observations you’ve made thus far since the release. As always, the insight is greatly valued.

In regard to the BlueSound Node 2 stability issue, I wanted to check in and see if this behavior has been happening consistently / is 100% reproducible since you updated this thread.

-Eric

@Eric,

Thank you for checking in and keeping current on this thread. As it has covered several related symptoms that may be caused by the same underlying issue it can be hard to follow.

Regarding the BlueSound Node2 stability issue. It is 100% reproducible, however, not to a specific piece of music or playlist. As it stands now, if I send music to a BlueSound Node 2 from Roon, after some period of time, the Node2 will hard crash and reboot. The time to a crash seems shorter with higher resolution music, but not always. The time to crash can range from 30 minutes to a couple of hours – I have not been able to ascertain a specific playlist or file type that consistently causes a crash. The crash while playing from Roon can be seen in the Bluesound logs and has been confirmed by BlueSound support. If I play from the Bluesound app, there is never a crash.

In my view, data coming into a device like the BlueSound Node 2 should never cause the Kernel to crash and the device to reboot. The hard crash leads me to think of things like a memory leak, out of bounds error, etc. I can reproduce this on all three of my wired BlueSound Nodes.

@support