Craft breweries

Hence the 85% in quarts , that’s the big market. CBL took over as the major brand over Lion & Castle early 2000 ‘s

Where are you theses days sounds like not SA

1 Like

These days it’s Hawaii and the UK. Do you still brew? The Grainfather is a great little system (in my very limited opinion!).

But based solely on the know how of the consorted Belgian breweries that were the basis of AIB Inbev. It’s Belgian in origin.

Yep there’s still a bit of national pride left in me.

Belgian beers are the best in the world but here in the states they are so expensive . A 4 pack of Chimay costs 25 U.S. dollars .

So I turn to micro brewed Belgian knockoffs . Troegs Jovial for instance . Not as good as the Belgian beers but a 4 pack is 12 bucks

Flamin’ Nora, that’s expensive for a run of the mill Trappist.

I’ve heard good things about those Belgian style beers from friends. It’s the brewing that counts, not the place where it’s brewed.

No I retired after 37 years in the industry, that was 8 years back before the inbev take over

Still live in JHB, Fourways

I agree belgian beers are pricey here in the US. My go to micro brew knockoff has been Merry Monks recently, decent price at $16 for a 6 pack and it’s a tripel!

But one of my favorite authentic belgians is Tripel Karmeliet and it cost about $7 a bottle, so yea.

1 Like